- 6:15 am Waking up and drinking tea/coffee.
- 6:30 am – 9:00 am Breathing exercises with awareness and a general dynamic practice to mobilize the entire body.
- 9:00 am – 10:00 am Breakfast.
- 10:00 am – 11:00 am Restorative postures to relax and release.
- 11:00 am – 12:15 pm Anatomy and pathology of the cervical spine.
- 12:15 pm – 12:45 pm Restorative Alignment practice focused on the subject of the day.
- 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm Lunch break.
- 3:00 pm – 5:00 pm Using tools to help and support the body in Restorative Alignment.
Yoga Alliance Certified
Deepen your practice and your knowledge
Are you are a yoga professional or a curious practitioner and wish to deepen your yoga knowledge and techniques?
Then a continuing education course may be something for you!
You will learn selected specialized yoga topics that will allow you to expand your horizons when it comes to your personal practice or that of your students.
With the knowledge you will acquire, you will gain a deeper understanding of the functioning of anatomical and energetic body layers, and develop a more complete insight in yoga.
YACEP Courses 2021-2022
Continuing education courses consist of 7 days of study and practice of specific yoga and Restorative Alignment topics and are Yoga Alliance YACEP registered.
Why to keep on learning?
Go out into the world with the knowledge you need to teach yoga safely and confidently.
- 5:30 am Waking up and drinking tea/coffee.
- 6:00 am – 8:00 am Meditation followed by mindful breathing exercises and a general dynamic practice to mobilize the entire body.
- 8:00 am – 9:00 am Breakfast.
- 9:00 am – 10:30 am Meridians and the emotions.
- 10:30 am – 12:00 pm Yin practice with the meridians of the day.
- 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm Lunch break.
- 2:00 pm – 4:00 pm Using tools to help and support the body in Restorative Alignment.
- Study materials (course manual, handouts)
- Meals (daily breakfast and lunch + welcome and farewell dinner
- Yoga Alliance registered certificate (50 hours YACEP)
- Accommodation at Las Tres Marías (7 days + 7 nights)
- Dinners (apart from the welcome and farewell dinner)
- Airport transfer
During past events we have noticed that participants are keen to explore the great variety of restaurants in San Agustenillo and nearby coastal villages, and that is why we decided to lower our prices and only include a welcome and farewell dinner. On the remaining nights you will have the opportunity to go out together with your fellow participants and explore the culinary heights of the "Costa Chica".
Solstice Yoga Center is located at the Las Tres Marías hotel, which sits on a hill overlooking the Pacific Ocean at the pleasant beach community of San Agustinillo in the state of Oaxaca, Mexico.
The nearest airport is Huatulco airport (code HUX). It is also possible to fly into Puerto Escondido airport (PXM). From either airport you can take a taxi to get to the Las Tres Marías hotel in San Agustinillo.
Arrival can be anytime on the published start date.
Your accommodation will be ready for you after 2:00 pm, but if you arrive earlier we'll keep your luggage safe and you'll be free to enjoy the beach 🙂
A welcome dinner will be served at around 7:00 pm, the yoga program will start early next morning.
Departure is after lunch on the published end date at 1:00 pm.
San Agustinillo is regarded as one of the safest communities of the Oaxacan coast.
To safeguard your well-being during your stay at Solstice Yoga Center we implemented the following hygiene protocol:
- You will be using personalized yoga equipment which will be kept separate at all times.
- Hand sanitizer is available at key areas.
- Rooms and all other hotel areas will be sanitized before your stay.
- All event participants and staff are to be vaccinated against COVID-19.
- A reservation requires a deposit.
- The deposit is non-refundable, if the reservation is cancelled.
- The rest of the bill should be settled before or at the latest upon arrival.
- Once the event has started, no refunds will be issued.
- If due to force majeure Solstice Yoga Center has to cancel the event, a full refund will be issued.
- Book with Flexible Conditions -
Need to cancel your trip due to COVID-19? You can reschedule your reservation free of charge or receive credit for your non-refundable deposit and re-book anytime.
Yes! For the 7-day course you'll receive a 50 hours Continuing Education certificate accredited by Yoga Alliance.
· Brigitte Longueville ·
Traveling to India 40 years ago was my big inspiration to start practicing yoga. Studying the more traditional yoga paths (Iyengar- and Ashtanga-yoga) and interlacing it with the functional restorative yoga that I have been practicing during the past 20 years, created a fruitful mix that resulted in the birth of Restorative Alignment. Some of my most influential teachers have been Clive Sheridan, Gert van Leeuwen, David McAmmond, and my Vipassana teacher S.N. Goenka.
Since 2008 I hold a Yoga Alliance registration as E-RYT®500 and YACEP provider.
· Susanna Borgatti ·
My passion for yoga started in San Francisco, California. Initially my interest was a simple desire to increase my flexibility and I felt yoga would be a great way to do so. Over the years I have explored many different styles of yoga such as Iyengar and Vinyasa. My practice in restorative yoga deepened with the help of Brigitte Longueville. Soon I discovered that it was an incredible tool that could address injuries and chronic pain while also calming the mind.
My style of teaching is accessible, yet informative, and adheres to the general principle that anyone and everyone can benefit from the practice. A balance of simple form, fluid movement and exploration of the particular nature of posture in yoga. The understanding of the movement patterns in the body is critical for the meaningful realization of asanas.
Certification: Yoga Alliance registered teacher (E-RYT200). Training: With Brigitte Longueville (E-RYT500) Restorative/ Multi-Style 300-hours teacher training, completed in 2008 at the Solstice Yoga Center.
· César Ramos ·
My curiosity for yoga started almost 10 years ago. When I started my practice I did it without a particular goal beyond exercising and developing flexibility, mostly self-taught.
This changed after a 10-day Vipassana meditation course, where I discovered how difficult it was to sit upright for more than two minutes. I felt something was wrong with my posture, despite being active and sporty my back could not support me. It was then that my interest in yoga was aroused, especially in Restorative Alignment.
In 2020 I trained as a yoga teacher, deepening my knowledge in techniques to help me develop a stronger and more flexible back, created espaldafeliz.com and since then I have been teaching online and private classes to people from all over the world.
I would like to thank my teachers, especially Brigitte and S.N. Goenka for sharing their knowledge with me.
What students say
She helped me to open my wingsAlja Lah
Deciding to do the teacher training with Brigitte was one of the best decisions I made. It was such a wonderful experience all in all and I learned so much of alignment yoga and I got to know the BackMitra® that saved my and many others backs. If you are into alignment, doing correct and safe yoga for the body than she is your best bet!
I am a believerJustin Driscoll
I have known Brigitte for 12 years now. She saved my body, and spirit. No Joke! when I met Bridgette I had been practicing Yoga for 2 years prior, but with her teaching, my body was restored! That was my 1st retreat with her. I have completed my 200 hr teacher’s certification with her 5 years later, and the knowledge and wisdom I took away from that experience is priceless.
Determining experience in my lifePablo Quiroga, Mexico City
“The Teachers Training at Solstice Yoga Center has been a determining experience in my life and in my yoga practice. The strong natural surroundings, Brigitte´s years of experience and the outstanding teachers that gathered together allow personal practice to develop with firmness, deep knowledge and multiple opinions. If I could, I would attend all of Brigitte’s trainings, it has been one of the happiest times in my life.”
“When you find teachers who don’t display their own path nor tell you what to do, but instead they walk beside for you to reach and fall in love with your own path, they inspire you to go deeper and remember who you are and continue transforming yourself, then you know that you are in the perfect time and place. Thank you with all my heart Brigitte Longueville and David McAmmond. Once again…”
ProcessPenny Gelber, BC, Canada
I came away with enough information to process through the rest of my life. It was a fabulous setting for an extended stay and I look forward to returning one day and studying with Brigitte once again.”
Frequently Asked Questions
7 days of theoretical and practical classes that will allow you to deepen your knowledge in specialized yoga topics, together with others who share the same interest of wanting to improve their personal practice and that of their students.
Although there are no particular requirements it is advisable to have previous experience or training as a yoga teacher in order to get the maximum benefit of this course.
This course is not only for those registered at Yoga Alliance, but also for teachers and yogi's who want to delve deeper into particular subjects of their interest, enriching their knowledge and practice.
According to Yoga Alliance's policy, YACEP hours can only be submitted if you are already registered as (E)RYT200, (E)RYT300, (E)RYT500, RCYT or RPYT.
It will NOT be possible to take -for example- 4 times a 50-hours YACEP course and submit the total of 200 hours for a new RYT200 registration.
Read more on Yoga Alliance Continuing Education requirements.
The yoga studio is spacious and well ventilated, so the maximum number of participants that we can safely accommodate is 18.
A YACEP course is not like a yoga vacation. You'll need to attend classes during the morning and almost the entire afternoon.
We serve delicious, healthy vegetarian food. On occasion fish may be included depending on the season.
The following meals are included:
- Welcome dinner
The following drinks are included:
- Agua de fruta
The following dietary requirement(s) are served and/or catered for*:
* If you have special dietary requirements please let us know when making your reservation.
- Mazunte is the nearest coastal village, which is about a 20 minutes walk or 5 minutes by taxi.
- Zipolite is about 15 minutes by taxi or an hour's walk away.
- Pochutla, a small city where you can find medical services, larger shops, a market, banks, etc. It takes about 40 minutes by taxi.
To make your stay with us more comfortable we recommended to bring the following items:
- Hat / cap
- Beach towel
- Yoga Mat
- Comfortable clothes for yoga
- Debit/Credit card
- Any prescription medicine
- Hike along the beach
- Play in the ocean, bask in the sun, sip a margarita
- Read a good book in your hammock
- Let yourself be surprised by whales, dolphins or sea turtles during a boat trip
- Watch colorful birds at a nearby lagoon
- Go scuba diving or snorkeling at San Agustín de las Flores
- Ride the waves at Zicatela Beach
- Visit archaeological sites, wildlife sanctuaries, and coastal villages
- Cleanse yourself with a shamanic healing experience by the local curandero
- Take a relaxing massage or temazcal