- 6:15 am Waking up and drinking tea/coffee.
- 6:30 am – 9:00 am Breathing exercises with awareness and a general dynamic practice to mobilize the entire body.
- 9:00 am – 10:00 am Breakfast.
- 10:00 am – 11:00 am Restorative postures to relax and release.
- 11:00 am – 12:15 pm Anatomy and pathology of the cervical spine.
- 12:15 pm – 12:45 pm Restorative Alignment practice focused on the subject of the day.
- 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm Lunch break.
- 3:00 pm – 5:00 pm Using tools to help and support the body in Restorative Alignment.
Yoga Alliance Certified
- 5:30 am Waking up and drinking tea/coffee.
- 6:00 am – 8:00 am Meditation followed by mindful breathing exercises and a general dynamic practice to mobilize the entire body.
- 8:00 am – 9:00 am Breakfast.
- 9:00 am – 10:30 am Meridians and the emotions.
- 10:30 am – 12:00 pm Yin practice with the meridians of the day.
- 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm Lunch break.
- 2:00 pm – 4:00 pm Using tools to help and support the body in Restorative Alignment.
- Study materials (course manual, handouts)
- Meals (daily breakfast and lunch + welcome and farewell dinner
- Yoga Alliance registered certificate (50 hours YACEP)
- Accommodation at Las Tres Marías (7 days + 7 nights)
- Dinners (apart from the welcome and farewell dinner)
- Airport transfer
During past events we have noticed that participants are keen to explore the great variety of restaurants in San Agustenillo and nearby coastal villages, and that is why we decided to lower our prices and only include a welcome and farewell dinner. On the remaining nights you will have the opportunity to go out together with your fellow participants and explore the culinary heights of the "Costa Chica".
Solstice Yoga Center is located at the Las Tres Marías hotel, which sits on a hill overlooking the Pacific Ocean at the pleasant beach community of San Agustinillo in the state of Oaxaca, Mexico.
The nearest airport is Huatulco airport (code HUX). It is also possible to fly into Puerto Escondido airport (PXM). From either airport you can take a taxi to get to the Las Tres Marías hotel in San Agustinillo.
You will be staying at the beautiful Las Tres Marías Hotel which offers lodging options in comfortable ocean view bungalows and rooms. Check out their website for an impression.
Arrival can be anytime on the published start date.
Your accommodation will be ready for you after 2:00 pm, but if you arrive earlier we'll keep your luggage safe and you'll be free to enjoy the beach 🙂
A welcome dinner will be served at around 7:00 pm, the yoga program will start early next morning.
Departure is on the published end date at 1:00 pm.
San Agustinillo is regarded as one of the safest communities of the Oaxacan coast.
To safeguard your well-being during your stay at Solstice Yoga Center we implemented the following hygiene protocol:
- You will be using personalized yoga equipment which will be kept separate at all times.
- Hand sanitizer is available at key areas.
- Rooms and all other hotel areas will be sanitized before your stay.
- In order to provide the safest possible experience, it is a prerequisite that all event participants, including Solstice Yoga Centers’ staff, can present a negative Covid-19 antigen test (of not more than 48 hours old) upon arrival.
- A reservation requires a deposit.
- The deposit is non-refundable, if the reservation is cancelled.
- The rest of the bill should be settled before or at the latest upon arrival.
- Once the event has started, no refunds will be issued.
- If due to force majeure Solstice Yoga Center has to cancel the event, a full refund will be issued.
Yes! For the 7-day course you'll receive a 50 hours Continuing Education certificate accredited by Yoga Alliance.
Frequently Asked Questions
7 days of theoretical and practical classes that will allow you to deepen your knowledge in specialized yoga topics, together with others who share the same interest of wanting to improve their personal practice and that of their students.
Although there are no particular requirements it is advisable to have previous experience or training as a yoga teacher in order to get the maximum benefit of this course.
This course is not only for those registered at Yoga Alliance, but also for teachers and yogi's who want to delve deeper into particular subjects of their interest, enriching their knowledge and practice.
According to Yoga Alliance's policy, YACEP hours can only be submitted if you are already registered as (E)RYT200, (E)RYT300, (E)RYT500, RCYT or RPYT.
It will NOT be possible to take -for example- 4 times a 50-hours YACEP course and submit the total of 200 hours for a new RYT200 registration.
Read more on Yoga Alliance Continuing Education requirements.
The yoga studio is spacious and well ventilated, so the maximum number of participants that we can safely accommodate is 20.
A YACEP course is not like a yoga vacation. You'll need to attend classes during the morning and almost the entire afternoon.
We serve delicious, healthy vegetarian food. On occasion fish may be included depending on the season.
The following meals are included:
- Welcome dinner
The following drinks are included:
- Agua de fruta
The following dietary requirement(s) are served and/or catered for*:
* If you have special dietary requirements please let us know when making your reservation.
- Mazunte is the nearest coastal village, which is about a 20 minutes walk or 5 minutes by taxi.
- Zipolite is about 15 minutes by taxi or an hour's walk away.
- Pochutla, a small city where you can find medical services, larger shops, a market, banks, etc. It takes about 40 minutes by taxi.
To make your stay with us more comfortable we recommended to bring the following items:
- Hat / cap
- Beach towel
- Yoga Mat
- Comfortable clothes for yoga
- Debit/Credit card
- Any prescription medicine
- Hike along the beach
- Play in the ocean, bask in the sun, sip a margarita
- Read a good book in your hammock
- Let yourself be surprised by whales, dolphins or sea turtles during a boat trip
- Watch colorful birds at a nearby lagoon
- Go scuba diving or snorkeling at San Agustín de las Flores
- Ride the waves at Zicatela Beach
- Visit archaeological sites, wildlife sanctuaries, and coastal villages
- Cleanse yourself with a shamanic healing experience by the local curandero
- Take a relaxing massage or temazcal